Friday 22 April 2011

Beach Babe Ready



Hi Girls! 
As we all know Summer is almost here and with the weather we've been having recently it has really motivated me to get running and think about what I'm putting into my body. I'll be honest, I have been soo lazy and like most of us I kept putting it off and saying I'll do it tomorrow even though I moan everyday about wanting to get into shape. I know this is probably really silly but I feel like I should of been getting into shape sooner this year and I've been feeling really insecure to wear shorts and dresses let alone get my bare arms out. So I'm trying to make a new start and not go on a fad diet but just make sure I have a healthy balanced diet and follow a few tips that I think are important (which I will share with you) and of course include some form of exercise. Hopefully I will start to see a difference as in June I have my Mums wedding and in August I'm going on holiday to Tenerife. 

My tips for a healthy beach body 

1. Try to give up something that you feel is not good for you (eg. sweets/processed foods/chocolate/white bread) for a certain amount of time.

2. Ask your friends/boyfriend/family to do it with you so you have support.

3. Drinking lots of water - your new best friend!



4. Green tea drink a big mug everyday, if its not your cup of tea try adding lemon or honey for extra flavour.
I found this really cool picture and it tells you all the benefits of drinking green tea :)



5. Getting your body moving try zumba, hot yoga, running outside, swimming, boxcerise, bicycling  anything :)


6. Make a food diary and a exercise calender, this will show you what your eating how much exercise your getting weekly.

7. Motivation - wear cute gym clothes, get some new music on your Ipod that reminds you of being on the beach and picture yourself how you'd like to look whilst exercising, chew sugar free gum to fight cravings and put ice in your drinks to help burn those calories. 


Bikinis I'm loving for Summer 


Seafolly do some really cute bikinis they can be quite overpriced and I'm in love with the pastel pink bikini below but it's so expensive. I'll always wonder why bikinis are sold for crazy prices. I think I'm definitely going to be purchasing the white bandeau as I have quite a big bust and most of the bandeau bikinis look like they don't have enough support for me and I could match lots of cute bikini bottoms with this. I love the VS bikinis but I don't fancy paying for the shipping to the UK, lucky Americans girls! haha. 


I just been browsing on Abercrombie (dangerous, I know) and I came across this striped shirt and short shorts, I thought I'd post it on here as a little inspiration for next time I go shopping I think this outfit would look cute with a big bag and flip flops and of course a tan!

Please let me know if your doing anything towards getting beach ready for summer and have got any tips. Ooh and if you come across any cute bikinis and sundresses for summer let me know as I'm trying to get holiday things together each month. I hope the tips in this post could also help you and keep you motivated and always remember at the end of the day, its about being HEALTHY (not a skinny minnie) whatever that weight is for you. Don't compare yourself to other people, we are all individuals and are beautiful in our own way. Always do what is best for YOU!

Happy Friday Girlies and have a lovely weekend :)
Dannie 

3 comments:

  1. so glad summer's well on it's way! these are great tips and i love that first bikini you've posted. gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) and me too i can't wait for summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips hun!! I used to drink green tea religiously but stopped for awhile.. now this just motivates me to go out and buy a huge box!! And yes, VS swimwear is always nice :) But the ones you posted look adorable!! Nice post <3

    ReplyDelete